Sunday, June 19, 2005

Stalking my memory

His soft mutter
screamed uncertainty in my ears,
Despite his unobtrusive tone.
Startled by my stare,
his legs crossed paths of confusion out the door.

Gawking at his cheap rubber shoes,
Invaded my conscience with tar.
The cloudy image of
His tousled brown hair,
Revealing only his painful eyes.
Twisting reality for sympathy,
Alleviating tension
By placing
Our hearts and his swords between our spoken word.
Flattery was his intent,
Though nailed me with sorrow.
Puzzled and distressed,
Humans wore masks,
And I was complete
With everything …
He lacked.
And his internal attack,
Punctured my guilt.
My kind words and nods,
Slaughtered his
Last hope.

… his mutter reminded me,
To remember -means you forgot.
Though he stuck with me
Because I never could relate to his pain.

No comments:

yEStERYEar