Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How do I....

I don't know where to start, I'm not sure how this goes, so maybe just...hello? Hello there and how are you? and all the other small talk that people do. Well it seems we're past that now, so what to do, do I tell you how I'm in love with you? Or is it too soon, would you be scared? If I don't tell you am I lying? To myself, maybe, just not to tell but I guess it's okay because I wouldn't want to chase you away with these words and thoughts that swirl through my head like a whirlwind that never ceases, never ends. Day and night I think of you, not in a weird or crazy way but maybe would it seem like that to you? I only want to see your smile, smell your cologne, try to describe all the colors and emotions that cascade through your eyes those eyes that show me your soul, betray your words of maybe this and probably that and I'm not sure but maybe not. I could sit next to you and be content, and maybe? just maybe we could hold hands. Not just for now but for tomorrow and the next tomorrow and every one to come, could you be with me? Or would you only see what I am not and who you wish I could be? Will I fade away like an old snapshot of someone who once was but now has moved on? Do these questions and wonderings make me seem so insecure that you're not sure if I'm what you want because maybe I wouldn't ask if you would only tell. Or show. Show and tell. Like that famous day in kindergarten when everyone ooh's and aah's and you feel like the coolest kid around like you've had your 5 minutes of fame, and the world can't take it away. You can't take away how I want to hold you, know you, love you. Are we fading away? I'm not sure now what to do, so maybe, again.....hello?

2 comments:

LloydDobbler said...

Beautiful.

boogie said...

It's easy to see it coming. I should have talked more.