Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Answer

I say goodbye because I have to and because I'm tired of being your crutch
I say goodbye because the binging and purgeing isn't so romantic anymore
I say goodbye because I can.

I miss you the way you used to be, toes curled up and contacts out
I miss your bitten fingernails and buddha belly and hairy toes
Remember accidental candles?
I miss your cookie job as the mixer
I miss antisocial cuddle sessions

Too long, I've been here too long
stayed through too much, cried for so little
The instant I say goodbye I breathe, an expansion of ribs and organs and I'm alive
You killed me very quietly, sneaky like you are
You tiptoed over my traps and sank (victorious) into my favorite chair
(you thieved that too)

I say goodbye because I want to live
without you
I say goodbye because I'm no longer obligated to say
good morning

No comments: