Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nyquil no longer has the same effect, more often than not it's just a momentary set back

You bring in this insanity,

reigning through my semiconscious thoughts.

Breaking down the memories that find their way into my restless dreams.


Stolen away are my haunted nights

and you've replaced them with vivid images of the grey in your eye,

watching as i struggle to understand why your intentions were as bad as you promised they would be.


It infects me.

To the point where lying awake at night without you on the tip of my brain is more painful than thinking of your forehead, and the "what never ever could have been's."


You were the stable disappointment in my sober conscious,

telling me that no matter the day, it would be no better or worse than this dreary, half happy habit we had agreed to call my life.


It's not that I'm sad you are gone from my life,

my dreams just miss their usual demon, and the direction in which it moved me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, swa. Excellent emotion and imagery.

Іванченко said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

yEStERYEar