Tuesday, May 04, 2010

35

I wish I could tell you...
that your anger is misplaced and you are so much better than that
that you are beautiful and those hurtful words will fade with time
I wish you knew that your success is in your hands
and you are so capable
I wish words could explain
how worried I am about your future
such a good kid in such a scary misguided world
stuck in the inbetween

Be yourself.
Please.
Be yourself.

Your innocence is so precious - treasure it
keep throwing frosting and swinging on swings and being grossed out by body parts
When I say "sit safe" I mean "I love you" and "I am watching out for you"
Your intelligence is a gift - treasure it.
Your smile makes my exhaustion disappear - wanna read to me?
When faced with the choice between Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Choose the doctor
Replace that swagger with square shoulders and a head held high
Never stop excelling.
Your silence is compelling - it makes your voice sweet and rewarding
Always ask for a hug
discovering yourself is terrifying
but hiding from yourself is much more difficult
Never grow that mean bone
If I could bottle up some of your quirky sunshine
I would carry it in my pocket every day
I hope your judgements of people are always as simple as
"Whoever's name I pull is really weird...or really awesome"
Some people might think You are really weird (but I think you are really Awesome)
Please try - with everything you do, do your best
Keep asking others to play
Choose your friends wisely - beware of "guilty by association"
Never ever call yourself stupid (or at least don't believe it)
Be confident - you have something to contribute, even if you don't know what it is
You are priceless.
You are beautiful.
You are smart, funny, incredible...
You touch my heart daily.

No comments:

yEStERYEar