Friday, September 24, 2010

I Once Loved Woman


She reaches
Across the bar and
Grabs both my arms,
"Even if she left you,"
she said,
"I can tell that deep down you're
a good guy."

"Ha!" I reply,
"Deep down
I'm a Dirty
Old
Man
Enticing you to whisper
What you never thought was possible
Deep down I'm only here
To make you fall for me
Then kick you whilst you're down,
Deep down I'm as cold as
The bottom of the ocean
Waiting for the shipwrecked
Bodies to sink
I am the callous wind
Howling through
The telephone wires carrying your message
I am a tearful good-bye; I am
The whispers of yesterday's news
Breaking the bonds of tomorrow
Deep down I am a broken heart
Dragged
Through the shards of a
Chalice's promise.

Deep down

No.
I am not
A good man."


~Look, No Hands

Love,
Digress.

No comments: