Saturday, September 17, 2011

我想念你


To begin with a cliché or two.....
I miss you so much that it physically hurts.
Being here without you is like living without a limb. or two.
I miss your smile. and your touch. and your stupid mustache.
I keep watching movies about finding love and losing love and the journey in-between that I wish we'd watch together and that makes me miss you all over again and even more.
But that doesn't quite do it justice.
No, what I really feel is much different from what people have felt and said before....
I miss you the way Mrs. Clause must miss Mr. Clause on Christmas Eve when he's gone all night.
If a zebra woke up one day and discovered that it had no stripes....that's what it feels like to go to bed without you.
I ache for you in the way that a painter with stage 3 Parkinson’s aches to create just one more masterpiece.

My bedroom floor is empty without your socks. and no matter how my day goes, when I hold that t-shirt close and breathe you in…..i cry.

If Adam hadn’t eaten that apple…..well I miss you more than he would’ve missed Eve.

Sometimes words fail me and the blunt truth of it is: I want to learn how to play the guitar so that I can play for you and I’m horribly unavoidably unexplainably terrified that you’ll tire of this waiting game and most days I’m not even quite sure why I walked through that airport and onto that plane in the first place.

Because you’re not with me and that feels like a frog that can’t jump, a universe with no stars, books without pages, pillows with no feathers, a pen that won’t write, french fries that aren’t crispy, a snowflake that won’t melt.

There’s no substitution for you.

& I miss you.

No comments: