Sunday, September 23, 2007

Looking for puddles

He looks at it, planning it, forecasting it.
He bites down hard on his lip, staring and glaring at it.
But I don’t look at it like he does. I look at it and smile and giggle a little
I look at you and ask you how beautiful it is, and see you smile.
We would both take off our coats,
that makes us the same,
But he would hand you his, put it over your shoulders, and rush you to his car
Pulling you out of the way of puddles.
He’ll tell you to hurry into your house,
And get out of it,
He’ll tell you it’s bad, it’s a bad night.
I wouldn’t hand you my coat,
unless you asked for it.
I would drop it on my porch, and walk you to the street.
Then I would smile at you, and tell you that you were right
It is beautiful.
And then I would race you home, letting you splash me with all the big puddles
(even if I see them first).
And maybe then I would stand with you in your front yard,
And tell you how beautiful you are.
And maybe then you won’t want to go into your house,
You won’t want to get out of it.
And maybe you’ll tell me that it’s a good night
It’s the best night.

4 comments:

boogie said...

Nice. Really, really nice. I like what you did there--I love the way you compared yourself.

Theresa said...

as always....beautiful. i always wonder, though, who is your muse?

Іванченко said...

comparison, rain, agony and pain
the love, the life, and the liberty
of moving forward with out any descrepency
it's all an interaction of transperency
you can look at her and read the book
or look at her beauty and feel shook
its a quality we can't quite comprehend
how beauty attracts as though it were a godsend
pay attention to the lines, they rock and roll
they quiver and shake, piling up the soul
and how exactly do we know?
beacuse we feel when beauty walks through the door
beacuse we feel pain when it decides to go.

~Rain is such a beautiful sight. a clensing of sorts.

Love,
Digress.

Theresa said...

no no, i mean a muse as in your inspiration...who are these pieces about? yes, we should talk, i've heard some interesting things

yEStERYEar