Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let Me Love You

The windshield wipers sway back and forth to the beat of your awful music.
I listen to it, trying to figure out what strums you.
I already know that I'm going to get caught up in you. I can feel it.
The wipers tell me to build a wall, bind my heart to the inside of my chest. They tell me to get out of the car, get out while I'm still ahead.
We finally pull over. Still the rain pounds on the pavement below us.
You slide closer to me, i breath in your smokey, cinnamon sent.
You hand has a mind of its own, it places its self upon my quivering thigh,
my heart instantly skips a beat, my lungs rise and fall at a rapid pace,
my brain racing back to memories of your past, light bulbs flickering telling me not to be in love with you. You are a train wreck. Your soft, unmanly voice brings me back to your attention. Those blueberry eyes piercing my face, they keep me warm. You lean in for a kiss, my eyes are shut neatly as you dig in. I cant breath, I have to pull away. Instantly your body is in idle. Look into my eyes baby, let me tell you everything.
If I could only tell you that I love you everything would be okay. But I cant tell you, you told me not to fall for you, was I supposed to hit the ground running? Attachment, isn't that love? Did you not tell me you were in love with me? You say I'm not allowed to want to be in love with you. You stress me with your unspoken thoughts. You love me, just tell me from your soft, weather wore, secret kept, lying lips. There is hope. I am here for you. I'm not here to fix you, only make you better. You never carry around your baggage, and I'm not here to carry it for you. Listen to me look into your eyes, let me tell you the words to heal your soul. Let me love you the way you deserve to be loved.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

mmm blueberry eyes. ahhh lu lu i loves this piece. it aches, it tears me up a little inside bc i can feel it as i read it, and the pain held within here is almost palpable. do what's good for you baby girl, THEN you can do what's good for others.

Іванченко said...

Love could be the beginning of the end
or is it the way we find our only friend
a new way to face the facts of today
make adjustments to the way we lay
we are proud to prove the existence
of something we cannot find in sentences
of olden days making up a new phrase
to change our olden ways
but that's the way we erase
so love is something we want to face
the best way to lead our mind to a new place
that's what we want, a movement of mind
a quicker passage of time
and that's what we find in the love
no matter how hard to grasp
the time will always pass.

~I don't know anymore.

lots of <3s,
Digress.

yEStERYEar