Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I've been watching you...

25 January

I've been watching you...

And have attempted to understand your mirror-like demeanor. I have seen what I see in any mirror. I see familiarity, I feel discomfort, and I attempt to see beyond the surface.I watch you watch everyone else. I watch you judge, envy, and imitate. I often watch you fail, but I frequently see you succeed. I watch you chase, and I watch you tease, and I wonder if you ever rest. I watch and wonder if you know what you are in pursuit of. I watch you try hard to please, and I watch you get pulled in. I watch your feet drag as you get drawn to the crowd. But the trail is not resistance. I watch your mirror get scratched, and I struggle to face the reflection. What I see is something new. I see a collection of people, with one shocking twist: there is you, head turned, with your back facing the silver lining that once enveloped me. And I watch you highlight my very essence, and every flaw you see. I watch you take your imperfections, and walk away from me. I watch you face your future, in an attempt to move on. I see that you are astray. I hope to watch you find yourself.

No comments:

yEStERYEar