Friday, October 15, 2004

Sweet New Jersey

I walked down the dock filled with weathered green benches and dim light shining down from the lamp posts held high above my head. It's a cool night as the breeze brings smells of seaweed into my nostrals and the days leftover rain onto my head. Staring out at the Jersey shore the waves bring a sedated calm feeling that overcomes my whole body. I feel at ease like there are no troubles in my life. And then...it hits me. I look around and see all the calm small houses as my surroundings. I watch the waves crash over rocks ahead of me and focus on the sand beneath my feet. And then I break. I fall to my knees and begin to cry. All of my lost thoughts are suddenly flooding my head. And I think of you...and how perfect you are...how perfect we were. I wimper whispering the plans we had made together of the life I will never see. I sob and mourne for all the broken pieces that I will never put back together. Though you don't want to be put back together. You are content with your new enviornment, one that subtracts me from the equation. I slowly get up and start to walk towards the waves. I walk closer until the cold surge of water sweeps my feet away and I let the embrace of the waves take over my body. I drift and finally feel content. The cold water overcomes my body as I let it take hold and think to myself that this is how it should be. Sweet New Jersey I have set sail in you for good and let you save me. Now I become a drifter in you for always.

1 comment:

LloydDobbler said...

Darkly beautiful and an ironic peacefull contemplative moment when insanity looks like peace.

peazout

yEStERYEar