Monday, February 14, 2005

A hint of bias, but not bitter...

pools of red, as if bleeding hearts are worn on their sleeves. poisoned promises and bitter hopes that the day will bring peace. buried unhappiness and unaswered questions. proposals and pains on the brink of the surface. unhealthy obsessions and safety needles covered by generic mottos, candy of sorrow feeding the wounds of emptiness. but red is the uniform and they all wear smiles that will dissapear tomorrow. and their red shirts will be buried with their dirty clothes from otherdays. but none of this matters, for today they are wearing red, for roses and sweet nothings are the uniform today and this day vunerability stains the air, and I smile to myself. for today the salty lonliness of singles' wash away their dreams, but pain does not consume me. i watch men and women alike, flood these doors and with void expressions, gaze at the variety of floral arrangements, and I am thankful that helium and cavities are not what satisfy me. my heart is tucked safely in my chest, while they unite in red and pink, and wear their heart on their sleeves.

1 comment:

LloydDobbler said...

beautiful. you are a great observer of people. how do you see yourself?

yEStERYEar