Monday, February 14, 2005

Just a taste

A paragraph from my story. Just a taste of it i guess. Anyone who wants to hear more let me know. Not a lot of background but at least its a post.
Angela she called herself I Think I will call her “Vacant.”
I was driving until I finally pulled over in a framilar driveway. It was my friend Pauls house. I hadn’t seen it in so long that the paint seemed to be chipping in new places and his dog and I were on burgalar terms again. Angela had consumed my life… Paul had been affected greatly. We ended up parting ways in a somewhat less dramatic episode; where I can remember him turning his back and saying see ya later… That was 11 months ago. My dark jeans stuck to my seat as I willingly leapt from my truck. It was peculiar how I was expecting a warm hello and a couple rounds of our favorite video games. As if no time had passed since that day I had seen him by the lockers. I knocked hard remembering that his doorbell never worked and recalling the wasted minutes I spent on his front porch until I figured that out each day. Paul answered the door in a dirty t-shirt with a glass of milk in his right hand. I smiled so big that I thought my face would fall off. And this is Paul. He simply let me in, sat me down and played 4 hours of video games with me. Not ever asking where id been or why I wasn’t around anymore. Just telling me he was glad I was back. Paul was a simple man. This was real love.

No comments:

yEStERYEar