Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Experiments With Truth

As I leave this room I enter
the sorting halls dividing walls
separate lots beautiful people spots
I mingle with the other tribes
whose vibes are humming not with
mine they move in pods and weave
through clique group circle loners
defensive headphones protective cell
phones start wait stop period tones
they move without contact behind
the fit-in mask and cool act
upholding image and reputation
holding breath daylong
during chameleon drills speaking
of individuality at the altar
of conformity
I
wait to
enter this room

2 comments:

TheDalaiMama said...

Damn. I like the spin on the prompt. Does everyone agree that Leyba is the bind to our notebook? Right on Kiki.

TheDalaiMama said...

Ok seriously though Leyba, not just to post a comment... I really like this piece. leahb and I both agree you are a writer that makes you say to yourself "damn... why didn't I ever think of that!?"

yEStERYEar