Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Romance... Isn't welcome here.

Im waiting here because I want to save you.
I want to let you inside my head and let you devour me like chocolate cake so you can remember what it felt like to eat it with your hands. I want to love you when the music isn't playing anymore. I want to find you in a sandbox.

I don't know anything about you stranger, except what your lips look like when they are cold and cracked. They mirror me like they know what they are doing. I cant love you but I wish I could. I'm on empty.

You aren't nothing, but I see the way you look at empty vases. Can't always wish there were flowers in them. I want to let you cut me open and examine my insides for a consensus on why my heart aches when our foreheads aren't close and our eyes aren't broken... Stuck on one another like we'd forgotten them there.

But I can't cause sometimes I remember.

2 comments:

LloydDobbler said...

Nice. I cleaned and colored a little. peace.

TheDalaiMama said...

I had to read it over 5 times!!! Jenn, I am your new fan.

yEStERYEar