Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Unfamiliar

I’ve got it all figured out, here inside of my head. I’m gonna leave this town with nothing but the shoes on my feet and the bag that’s packed at the foot of my bed. By the time anyone realizes that I’m gone, I’ll be long gone – out of their sight - nothing but dust and the familiar behind me. Leaving behind the memories that have caused me nothing but pain – saying goodbye to the many reputations I have gained. No more being judged by the happenings of my past – no more waiting for the love from those who should love me first and foremost but don’t – among others in their lives, I am loved last. Getting away from all who have hurt me and torn my heart apart – carelessly they took it – broke it – gave it back to me a less completed heart.

It’s time.

I’m leaving everyone who knows anything about me in my rearview mirror. I’ll be nothing but a forgotten, given up on, prayer. The only thing ahead of me is everything I’ve never known. People who know nothing about me and can’t judge me based on my past – they won’t know me, who I’ve been, or who I want to be… they won’t have a previously known reputation about me, so I can be whoever I want to be. I don’t want anywhere I've been or anything I know – as long as it’s somewhere else – I don’t care where I go. The only thing in front of me is the car that isn’t driving fast enough that I want so desperately to pass – oh and the trees flying by, along with the not-so-green-Colorado grass. What road will I take and where will it lead? I’m not so sure, but a one way trip is all I’m going to need. A one way trip to I don’t know where – just as long as it leads me to nothing but the unfamiliar.

No comments:

yEStERYEar