Wednesday, February 06, 2008

An Ocean of Sickness

i'm sick and dizzy, my brian feels pressure with impunity
a hate has boiled over and i can't control her
give me something else to alleviate the pain
the pressure is building and i'm wracking my brain
this is the last straw, i'm gonna punch somebody in the face
and it's going to go down on my permanent record and not erase
because the person lives with me and sleeps next to my place
that i claimed mine at the beginning of the year
and i thought that i my thoughts would be clear
but now i can't stand just the thought of this
because you've tightened my life into fists
and now you come into the story
enter left stage, because now you've entered the story

i'm surrounded by trite cliches
thinking that they're unavoidable
and that they're not the soil
they try to break me down as a man total

grab the matches and let it soak they will all appreciate the joke
after they realize it's not exactly something to take light
because this is the spark of not a war but a fight
step forward and take the responsibility of tonight
if you really think you're on top come talk to me with sight
clarity beyond most is what i'll present to you with a bite
burn your clothes and melt your hair under the flame
this was the last time that i let you enter my brain
broken records repeat the last sign that your lame
as a thinker and an scholar, how far will you go
before you realize you don't contain the capacity to show
the world exactly what you want to be
i struggle the same way, but at least i don't need to lean
on the most obvious choice for the typical parasite
because that's what you are--an insect of the populous

i'm surrounded by trite cliches
thinking that they're unavoidable
and that they're not the soil
they try to break me down as a man total

how dare you, place me in this position
now i've got to make this incriminating decision
whether or not to enjoy your company
i feel like i want to ostracize what you mention
or maybe i just need to get in detention
so that i can stay away from the moments of your invention
and your emotions are the volcano of my tension
so why oh why did you place me in this?
am i just a symbol of where you'd like to piss?
or am i the creation of everything you miss?
i don't want to know the answer because i like a little mystery
i don't think you even know the answer to my misery
but that's okay, because it's your trite nature
to be something that nature couldn't nurture


~If i only got along with all these people. but i don't... and in a way, that makes me happy.

Love,
Digress.

No comments:

yEStERYEar