Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer nights

It's like a dream. One where you can't decided whether waking up (to the real light) is best, or you are complacent tossing reality out, and waiting for the light to find you. And I can ask god for the answers to these questions (the ones i am to afraid to ask), but he has already given me the answer. I have to ask those questions. I am scared to grow. Not because of what I will become, but because i am scared that things will hurt more, cut alittle deeper, sting alittle bit more. Like a hard ball in winter, except the sun is out. The streets, are alittle bit softer, the holes alittle bit shorter. And the laughs alittle bit realer. Sometimes a friendship is the things that we don't say. The things we show. The glint of a smile when no one is looking. The inch of space you are given when you wish someone would smother you. Shake you. It's two months, and we can say they will be to short. Or we can pretend they are to long. But either way we get to choose. And as long as we are alive, then we made the right choice. The answers are burried, but I'm not digging. I am looking up.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

B-E-A-utiful! Sam I love your stuff...it's really picked me up a few times when I was feeling down. You have a gift, you should share it more often :)

sistermaryclarence said...

beautiful. this is truly amazing.

yEStERYEar