Saturday, June 30, 2007

A glimpse of the class

How do I start to tell you how you have helped me.
Words seem to stall as I struggle to write what should have been said.
You taught me to use my words and make them flow in a sense more meaningful.
In comparison to others I am a novice.
Yet in my words you have shown me something more.
Both seem to know the ryhme was not meant to be mine but freeverse is a road I traverse.
Saving that life that seemed like an end where only 'Rescue me' was heard
The time came where I didn't want to move past it where I wanted to know the other where all I could do was make a wish and hope to be
500 words seemed surreal until one wrote about writing, writing that could never be conformity, writing that gave me a window and let me breathe in and create a new story out of a series of questions
Not knowing what my human heart was about I failed to see the memoir that had unfolded even after I read it.
Through it all I listened for a change and through it all I learned that the change was mine
That this change was given to me by the one who inspired my words to flow in different ways.
Thanks Leyba.

No comments:

yEStERYEar