Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What Now...

I'm lost again
I thought this would mend
But, you see, there's something there
Some part of me with you and you with me

Two years plus one to the day
Yet I remember like yesterday
the way we would play
And now it has been so long since I've seen you smile
Such a long while since that beautiful smile
I saw it again and the world got brighter
I was back where I grew
Back in what I knew

But I should be mad, should I not?
A broken heart is what I got
Words of apology come readily
They fill a tare and your smile begins to ware

It's too easy to forgive and it frustrates me
Can you see I don't know who I want to be?
And you say you miss the view
the reason too
And I miss you
So I'm torn in two
I don't know what to do

You run in my mind as these days get so long
And you're in every song
I play in my head things that used to be
And I'm confused, see, cuz you were never one for complacency
That's not who you used to be

So I sit, again, thinking thoughts to send
All I think is I thought this would mend
And I want to see you again.

No comments:

yEStERYEar