Monday, December 31, 2007

And Here I Am Again

same place for this new year but that's about it

But this time a visit
only here for a little bit
on the same couch I used to sit
when I'd try to get
(rhymes)
though now I'm ready to throw a fit
because I can't get one question out of my brains' pit
What did I do?

Why did I leave and what for
I couldn't have asked for anything more
but on myself I closed the door
And for what?
A purple shirt and forty hours
my nice red car all drapped with flowers
the same old jobs
the same old guys
nights full of sobs
thinking; all those knobs
connected to doors I didn't open
I had everything, a perfect 10
And I drove away from it all

But it's a new year
to start eliminating this fear
and to focus on my ultimate goal
take on a more adult role
because I hate this feeling
I want to be back
-permanently though-
like a name on a lunch sack

yEStERYEar