Thursday, December 06, 2007

One For The Road


i feel like i'm tapped out lately
; drained of all my valuable
juices
its too much, i want 
to just let it go
all go
right down the drain
Bukowski called it
"The Frozen Man Stance"
i feel like i've been frozen for quite
some time. even months
;

i feel like i've just wanted to
sever off all ties with the outside
and live in my house for the rest of 
my life, or at least for
a little while
; no more girls, no more
friends,
no more family.
no more of anything.
i don't even want to run away
i just want it all to be exactly how it
is, just without me in it.

; and that would be magic.
magic i don't have

magic so i could
just sit around an
unfurnished apartment
and do absolutely nothing
but listen to the creeping
of isolation
right around that door.
and this corner
i feel so cold.
so frozen.
like rotten fruit in a bag
at the walk-through freezer section
at your local King
Soopers.

~I sometimes miss it, but isolation might be nice for a while.

Love,
Digress.

1 comment:

Sam Swa said...

I walked over to the hill where we used to go and sled. There were a lot of little kids there. I watched them flying. Doing jumps and having races. And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday. And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do. And they will all kiss someone someday. But for now, sledding is enough. I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isn't.

from the perks of being a wallflower, my favorite book

yEStERYEar