Sunday, May 27, 2007

DNA Match (A Rant)

You told me you weren’t coming
And then you just showed up
Forced to capture the moment
And re-live what I thought I forgot
You told me you were happy
And proud of what id done
When 2 years back you forced me to run
You thought you had won
Teaching me and telling me, all the wrong things
I wonder if you realize
You failed with me
I wish you could see
You don’t have me
To pay your way
And to support you
Every damn day.
You tell me that your leaving
Never to see your face again
But you’re my father
And that’s something I can’t change
Ranting and talking
It’s so strange to see you again
I feel so empty
Like this DNA matched man in front of me
Is just an empty soul to me.
like everything was taken
left me with one choice
use my own voice
and make my path
my own.
So here we are now
I made it
You told me no
And I showed you yes
So now I can rest
And I hope you can stand to this test
I showed you who I am
And that I was capable
Now watch the next 7 years unfold
As I remain un-sinkable.
Who are you?
Oh, what’s that?
I thought you knew
Just sitting in your dirty house
No job
No money
No car
Always at the bar
So far away
Caught up
Do you ever even think about
What you left without
And what you did to your family?
Well now you’re alone
With hardly a home
And with no one by your side
Is all your pride
Still pushed aside?
So many questions
Will always be left unanswered
Just give me a minute
And I sit
And drown right in it
Just give me something
For once in your life
Show me that you weren’t just
Another face in my life.

1 comment:

Іванченко said...

quite the concept quite the dilemma
a message of temperment
a message well sent
able to place a soild dent
in the family dysfunction tent
we're all trapped in our descent
and we can no longer avoid paying rent
but we can pay our dues
and keep out of life that do confuse
allowing everything to be engulfed in ruse
you can live through the ones and the twos
so keep keeping with your dues
you can pay them well.

~DNA. A family bond.

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar