Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Am

I am the stained clothes at the bottom of the drawer
I am the old toy you don't use anymore
I am the magazine at the bottom of the stack
I am the ragged towel that will never grace the rack
I am your baseball when football season is on
I am the long grass when the snow holds the dawn
I am the tile under the new kitchen floor
I am the rug that stays at the back door
I am the first cell phone you ever got
I am the apple core left in your room to rot
I am the scunci that used to reside in your hair
I am the pink elephant you won at the fair
I am the picture you let fade
I am your notebook from 2nd grade
I am everything neglected
I am everything ignored
I am everything you visit only when extremely bored

1 comment:

Reikan said...

this is an amazing peice. i like it a lot.

yEStERYEar