Sunday, December 03, 2006

Journals of the 48 hour flu

Friday December 1st, 2006
It was a great school day but the weekend is here!
And the next school week is all too near.
I really want to have some fun
but leave plenty of time to get my homework done.
Because I really do have a lot to do,
english memoir, psyc packet and my sketchbook too.
But we are going to go bowling tonight.
I beat them so bad it wasn't even right.
Now it's time to go home and I'm not too sad
because that headache I had, is now pretty bad.
We're at my house time to end my ride,
so I can get out and go inside
take some asprin and go to bed.

Saturday December 2, 2006 (It Begins)
4:30 a.m oh my gosh it's freezing,
and the feeling in my stomach is far from pleasing.
I'm so thirsty I want something to drink.
I'll do anything to leave this ice rink.
I drink a whole glass and then go back to sleep
but long enough to go into deep (sleep)
I'm up again at 5:22
This time it's clear I have a fever too.
Oh great I must be sick.
Then there's no question I run out quick.
Oh that hurt my throat burns
I want to lay down as my stomach churns
but I got to change my clothes first
keeping them on would be the worst.
I'll go through this cycle six more times
so I won't make six individual ryhmes.

It's 8 o clock now maybe I'll see
if I can get some white soda without paying a physical fee.
o.k. I'll try, big mistake
I'm so lightheaded I almost tanked.
No I'll just lay back down
and wait for someone to come around.
I call my Mom for some T.L.C.
I'm distracted by commotion over the Christmas tree.
oh wow I'm more tired than I thought
I feel like my whole body has begun to rot.

Sunday December 3rd, 2006
Oh wow it's eleven o' clock
I slept a lot better than I thought
wow I'm hungry this is new
I'm also pretty thirsty too.
Real food today, not just soup?
Maybe I can even get out of my coop,
and now I'm starting to freak out.
For all that homework I forgot about
No, I'm told I still need to rest,
that I'm not yet back to my best.
o.k. I finally give in and say
so I layed in bed and watched Roseanne all day.
Now that I think about it my body aches.
And I still have those cold shakes.
I'm hungry, but I still feel gross
so all that's brought to me is dry toast.
There's good news if I take this o.k.
I can have a broth cube today!
Yeah that's not too exciting,
maybe I'll do some writing.
SO this poem came out and I thought I'd post.
I hope you didn't think it was gross.

1 comment:

Ill uhh Noy said...

Great Piece! I love the descriptive-ness is that a word? No it's not too gross.

yEStERYEar