Friday, December 08, 2006

To the ones who would decide my future for me...

You want something different;
Unique
Well here it lies on your desk;
Discarded
Red, Black, Silver echoing around as slowly I choose the topic of my piece
Drifting through an empty space
Knowledge seems to fail me
I am one with who I am
I am torn from who I want to be
Choices flow through my mind
Torn between my passion and reality
How will I choose to make my mark?
Through strong business my reality lies
Through beats un-real does my passion lay
Appraised I seem un-worthy
Watched I seem perfect
Trials hide what could have been;
Perfection
You see a score
I see determination attempted
You see imperfection I see trials improving;
Me
You guide upon wishes which help me naught
I stray upon wishes which show me the way
I am different
I am the same
Happy as this time may seem
My truth is shattered by loss
In reality and mind
A loss of life
A loss of sanctuary
In this time my perseverance seems lost;
Wasted
Places that would push me to succeed turn away
You see a score
I see a need of true teaching
You see a number
I see a human
I see an individual fore-going the old routine
You wanted something different
Here it is lying on your desk;
Unique.

1 comment:

Ill uhh Noy said...

This is great too! And I think so many people could relate to feeling this way. Great piece!

yEStERYEar