Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Corridors of death [the cemetary]

I stand in regret
Surrounded by a surreal set
The people who have met
A fated entitled hero
I turn slow
As I face that under my tow is the one who I called bro
It’s the most calming headstone
Each visit forces me into a serious tone
I’m searching for answers
Now I find that they’re trances
I need placement for stances
But the clues are just confusing dances
I’m sick of not giving myself chances
I’m sick of falling into false hope
This just seems to be the way I cope
Because I refuse to mope
Perhaps this is why I’m lost in my sorrow
I feel bad for not feeling sad
No feeling of anger
But I’m constantly seeking danger
I appreciate talking to strangers
Opened to the world
After my heart was poured
And strung out on a cord
Stricken with pain- stabbed by the sword
Then regurgitated and replaced without a cure
Women got in the way
Of all the words I really wanted to say
So I’ll place them here
On paper to which I’ll leave
For you to read
This is my plea
I have been guilty
Do forgive me
For heavily lacking
Faith in friends who were just tracking
My pain of guilt is stacking
As I remember packing
Their words away
Because I finally had a woman who’d stay
I learned my lesson
I realized I can only trust my friend
To hold me
And accept when I disclose me
Skin deep soaking through clothing
Not expressing any form of envy
Because they’re there to lend
The words and feelings of a friend
Dropping the mask as not to pretend
Keeping the message to send
Out in plain sight, it’s in the open
So I guess I was choking
On my own false promises
Carrying out as long as this
Measuring out my accomplishments
I’ve got a foot compared to your meters
Cutting me apart with cleavers
But I can live with the fact
Because my accomplishments don’t weigh on my back
They disregard all that is click clack
Giving the most worthless people flack
Tears on my face
Reveal I’m not in on this race
I don’t appreciate
The fact you bet on my fate
Turn the leaf to polish the slate
Follow me with passion burning to incinerate
We’re searching for more than a mate
Looking for one that maintains
A sense of all the pains
That binds themselves with chains
To remove the shackles
Allowing them to tackle
The problems that are subtle in tact
Strike back
Carry the fate in your sack
Of delusional ideals
Being eaten and wasted like meals
Finding support in submerged keels
Running from you on their heels
Stop them, they might stray
Cage them to stay
Formed and changed like clay
I draw away
From the headstone
Leaving my lost tone
Here to roam
The corridors of death
That always captivates my breath

~Wrote that a year ago, just had to share it.

Love,
Digress.

1 comment:

LilyLo said...

Wow that is really good

yEStERYEar