Thursday, March 15, 2007

Growing up too young?

I don’t know what to feel,
Or which way to go.
Life is getting harder,
Including my life at home.
Constant fights happening again,
Heads bashing like football linemen.
All our fights ending in tears,
My tears.
Crashing to the floor,
Consisting of all my fears.
Everything was going great,
No more fights,
But wait! What’s this?
Everything from my past is thrown back in my face,
Like a gang members fist.
This time with twice the pain,
Twice the force.
Tears falling down like razor blades,
Everything’s different,
Everything except for the source.
Spending the night
In my cold, grey, ’98 Saturn,
With tear stained cheeks,
The ache in my heart was returning.
Thinking out loud til 5 in the morning,
What did I do wrong this time?
Where was my warning?
How did I end up spending the night on my own?
Packed up and left,
And now I’m sitting here all alone.
But he told me to go!
He told me to leave!
I wanted to be on my own,
At least that’s what he believed.
Now that I know what it’s like to be on my own,
I have to decide it I want to go back home.
Do I want to go back to the face to face brawls,
Ending with me making tear streaming phone calls?
Do I want the feeling of security
Of a roof over my head?
Or do I want to create my own,
And be with out a warm bed?
Why should I go back,
When all I try to do is obey?
He told me to leave,
So I obeyed.
I packed my bag and ran down the stairway.
But he is still angry with me,
Why?
I have no idea because all I did was obey him,
And once again it’s my tears that I’m trying to swim in.
I have no where to go,
No one to turn to,
And the song of my life is still unsung.
So I’m going to head back home,
Because I guess you just can’t
Grow up too young.

2 comments:

Galliana said...

sometimes you have to move forward
and sometimes you have to try
stare life straight in the eye
and say all i could do was cry.
now take a look around
and see that you do have someone with support.
live life as it hits you
including all the thorns and pokes.
sometimes people judge unfairly
true, too much, in your case
all too much feeling way too much like a waste.
sometimes we have to turn our heads and just say no,
dont back down
and stand your ground
you will come out stonger.
so next time that he puts you down
makes you frown
or makes a tear roll down
take that fear
and let him hear
what he has made you to be
and tell him how you feel.

destination_unknown said...

you can only do as much as you are able to. you're going to fight with your parents and see things differently than them just try and see it from their perspective a little. if it doesn't get better hey you only got a few more months and then you'll be on your on away from your family and be able to do whatever you feel like.

yEStERYEar