Thursday, March 22, 2007

"the girl under the princess"

Waking up, getting ready just like any other day. Curl the hair, put on the make-up, go to the closet for the perfect outfit, and find the accessories and purse that will go just right. Seems so simple, so repetitive to have that same routine everyday. But is that all? Is that all there is to me? Just my appearance and daily image people have of me? Most people would say yes. Why? It seems so confusing. And then as I am standing outside in the sunshine, thinking, I realize that that is all there is to me. That previous statement is a lie but the way I have led my life in high school, that is all there is to me. That’s all people know of me. I am the only one that knows the rest. There is so much more. No one knows the depressing things that have happened in my life. A bad day for me still gives off the feeling that I am having a good day. It's not hard. No one knows anything about me except for the laughing times I have had. The fun side. I am a girl who is scared to reach out if it is not on paper, a girl who suffers from her superego thoughts, a girl that hides behind that daily image she gives herself everyday. As some say, “show the girl who is under the princess.” Today was one of the first days I did. And for once I was appreciated when I actually tried and showed emotion and feeling.

1 comment:

Sam Swa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

yEStERYEar