Saturday, November 18, 2006

Definition of love? Self Love.

I've never been more happy, now that I'm with you,
you make me smile with the very slightest thing you do.
I remember the day we met to the slightest detail,
even your stupid green shirt: "I'm over it let's bail".
You're the only guy thats given me just one butterfly,
and you're the only guy under fifty that can pull off a flower tie.
I even like all the stupid things you do,
that get laughed at endlessly, by the rest of our crew.
I want to tell you, I want to say it so bad.
But with everyone else our age, those words are just a fad.
I've never had such feelings before
but they are so real, straight from the core.
Hmm i wonder is it time for the "L" word?
My Mom says of course not "That's Absurd"!
But I will tell you anyway because that's how I feel.
From deep down inside of me, these feelings are so real.
You were the first Valentine I ever had.
I didn't think you could ever make me sad.
So then I said it "I love you".
And you told me back I don't think I love you too.
Then you said I'm sorry I think it's over.
I couldn't believe it, I thought are you sober?
You said come on we were better off as friends,
and that's how my "perfection" came to an end.
All I wished for right then was a magic wand
so I could say "poof" and fix our bond.
But there was no repair we really were done.
And the we i had known suddenly became one.
I must thank you now, that was quite the test.
And you set the bar high for all the rest.
I'm happy now I hope you can see.
And it's not with you it's just with me.
Because before you can love anyone else,
You must first truly love yourself.

2 comments:

cookiegobbler said...

this is very good. I love the ending.

Theresa said...

This is amazing, and I'm sure a lot of people have searched for a way to say things like this without success. I can relate to this piece too, it hits close to home. Amazing.

yEStERYEar