Saturday, November 11, 2006

I miss you

Done. Over. I quit, you quit, we're through. Well actually it was just me that quit, gave up, stopped trying. While you were crying and dying because I was leaving, I was running faster and farther away, just wanting it to be over. "It's not that I don't care, I do! I just....I dunno, it's just time" These things sound so cliche to me but how else to say it? I do still care, I do still love...but I'm not still in love. So it wouldn't be fair, would it, to you or to me for this lie to keep on, to fake a kiss and force a smile. "I want to be friends, I want us to be okay...but I'll understand if you hate me for a while." I bet you don't believe me, the last thing you want is my friendship right now, now that I've torn your heart from your chest and stomped on it. Is that how it feels? Do you think I'm meaning to hurt you like this? But there's no other way, breaking up always hurts one more than the other....doesn't it? Just because I did it does that mean I don't hurt, don't cry, don't feel an emptiness in my heart that I haven't felt for so many years. "The last time I didn't have you I was a sophomore." You make me realize how much we've grown up together. It hurts when I think about it, I'm crying now, it's setting in, no more dinners with your family, no more lessons on calculus, no more doing homework together after school, no more texting into the night....no more you. I'll miss you. I'm missing you. I miss you.

3 comments:

Ill uhh Noy said...

I love how real this is! You told the story form the other side so perfectly! Great piece!

Theresa said...

Thanks, I'm glad it sounds real b/c it is...I really appreciate the comment.

boogie said...

You captured that perfectly...I couln't have said it better

yEStERYEar