Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"I'm Home"

Her death seemed unreal
Her smile was gone
She told me to never leave her and suddenly she never came back
Sweet laughter haunts my sleep as I tell myself that I could have stopped it
Her love is gone
God, why did I fail her
She was always there for me and I betrayed her
Why can't this be just a dream
Her jokes, her smiles, her tears fill my mind every day
I was her death
I fought she cared for my wounds
I cried she wiped away my tears
I smiled she smiled
She laughed she lit up my world
She was and is my best friend
I wish this was a scary joke
I wish she would come through the door and say 'I'm home' once again.

Written after a nightmare woke me up for a friend who is still alive.

~reikan~

2 comments:

sistermaryclarence said...

so intence.
so loved it.
scary dream.
beautiful piece.
:)

Ill uhh Noy said...

This was awesome! I can't believe it was a dream, how spooky! Great piece though.

yEStERYEar