Friday, November 24, 2006

Exhaustion

I've given all I have, and yet you people want more. More emotion, more thought, more truth. I swear, I've outdone myself but it's like a mad footrace to see who can do more. I've exhausted my vocabulary, searching for words to say something new; I feel like I lost this game I set out knowing I would surely win. Honestly, I've tried so hard and I've gone so far and told so much but I feel defeated, broken down, and beaten by this world. The demands, the expectations, give me more or you'll fall just like all the others who tried to step up, the ones who scored a few times but peaked at a young age and now nobody knows their names. I want my name known...

2 comments:

sistermaryclarence said...

i know what you mean
i want to be known
everyone has their chance to shine
you will too.

Ill uhh Noy said...

I can understand what you are saying about feeling like you exhausted your vocabluary, I feel the same way. I always feel like when I write it comes out sounding very predictable. Your writing is still awesome so I hope you keep posting!

yEStERYEar