Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Rubberbands

The rubberbands on my wrist are to make me a better person,
I want to stop this now before it can worsen.
They're not for accessory or to start a new trend.
I'm just trying to get my bad habit to mend.
I'll put another one on each time I slip,
until I finally get my habit to flip.
Today I finished with quite a few,
out of my mouth they really flew.
It's not like I say them to try to be cool,
but sometimes they're used as societys' fuel.
Some are not too bad, some more severe.
Each time I say one I almost shed a tear,
because that means one more rubberband.
Another one pulls over my hand.
That proves I need to make this habit right,
before my hair turns gray or white.
But it's hard to stop something you've done for a while,
I would much rather run the mile.
But the rubberbands remind me that it can be done.
When it's all done I'll see the sun.
I don't have to use them to get my point out.
I'll force myself to take a different route.
But sometimes I feel like I'll never be done.
I want to look down and see less than one.
So, I put my hand in my pocket on my prayer token,
and thats when I'm certain this habit can be broken.
I don't want to say them anymore, that's how I want to be.
Rubberbands are the plan. So I guess we'll see

2 comments:

sistermaryclarence said...

i wear rubberbands
for a habit
that never should have started.
i get what you are saying
its a helpful reminder.
you will get through it.
slow but sure
i promise.

sistermaryclarence said...

p.s. this is a great write. keep it up. love it.

yEStERYEar