Sunday, April 15, 2007

Chancing His Hypocrisy

This time is different.
I can feel it, I can see it in your eyes.
The truth is there,
You're different than any other guy.
I've finally got it right -
It's not going to be the same.
At last, a guy who doesn't just wanna play games.
Though it could be perfect,
there's one thing in the way,
something in which I have no say.
He doesn't want to meet you,
he won't even give you a chance,
this situation he refuses to second glance.
How fair is that?
Making assumptions before he's even seen you?
Taking away my senior prom...
What's next?
Is he going to take away my wedding too?
He's always taught me to give people a chance,
like when I'm mad at him,
to try to talk to him,
and that he'd always understand.
I've tried this method,
but he just ignores
all the hypocrisy he's taken part in.
He won't listen to a word I try to say,
he won't take any of it,
No matter what I say,
he just tells me to "shut it".
But I have learned to stay strong,
and to not give up,
I'm gonna take my chances,
and cross my fingers for luck.
He can't take away how I feel about you,
or what's been sparked between us,
For once it's going to work,
I won't give in,
and all he can do is sit
on the sidelines and fuss,
And on his face
will be an upside down grin...

2 comments:

destination_unknown said...

i really hope this guy turns out to be a good one and not like all the other jerk offs. you deserve someone like that who will treat you right. if your dad doesn't want to meet him now just wait cos i'm sure he wants to get to know someone you care about.

Іванченко said...

love life, lights nights
sitting through the storm, gotta keep warm
gotta build the cave for all those nights of scorn
avoiding the feeling of being torn
but facing it eye to eye, with bravery on your side
keep the strongest of mind
locked gates, make the climb
higher, higher, until there's nothing left behind
make it one and only crime
passing these tests of time
standing as though blind
speaking as though mute
and hearing as if you were placed remote
keep the long distance mind frames in movie screen plays
say what you need to say
don't falter, don't fail to stay

~if its worth it, its worth it, patients and bravery.

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar