Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Ballad - Silenced Words

Walking down the hall
In flawless, perfect beauty.
Dark secrets, deep fears,
Vulnerable souls,
Unshown tears.
~ Chorus ~
World's crashing all around you,
No one knew your pain.
Thrown about so carelessly,
My efforts seemed in vain.
Broken up phone calls,
Shouting in the rain.
You are gone forever,
Leaving me with this horrible pain.
~
Months of what seemed like romance,
and happiness at last.
All the pain and sorrow,
and bad times; in the past.
Curfews, rules, and nights I worked,
You always said they were fine,
But now you say they're not,
and the fault is all mine.
~ Chorus ~
Favorite songs, and favorite things,
Don't mean so much; suddenly.
Tossed aside, with no thought at all,
No more happiness,
You just wanted me to go.
Tears of all sorts
started falling more and more,
Fearful pain,
sad confusion,
but these feelings wouldn't show.
~ Chorus ~
I had enough,
We were through.
Three days later,
I get a call from you.
The weather outside resembles my mind,
Storming and quite hazy,
could this be a sign?
~ Chorus ~
Sopping wet,
Rocks through the window,
Shattered glass causes me to bleed,
Drifting to your door at an undying speed.
Knocking on the door of hope,
Not knowing what I'd find.
~ Chorus ~
Heaped on the floor,
Eyes are closed.
There is no pulse.
Holding your lifeless body,
I feel helpless.
There's nothing I could do.
I guess you didn't know,
that I still did,
and always would,
love you.

Love was lost,
Somewhere in all this confusion.
Tears turned to glass,
As I knew the words I heard you say
were your last.

1 comment:

Іванченко said...

love lost, gives new light a toss, aglow on the rocks
taking ships to shore we need to return to harbooor
the lives end but move on to where they're sent
so healing words mend, trying to rebend
to make things straight
broken wings must be replaced
tangible objects look way past lives we wish to save
look forward, be brave, i know you'll do the same
keep the goals in range
i know you'll do the same
off on a tangent now, wishing i could heal
asking if there was any way to seal
the open wounds, bleeding on whats real
time for a stop to this s**t
i'm breaking out the sweing kit.

~If only words could heal, i'd find the right ones.

(i can't seem to do anything but offer to be here for you.)

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar