Thursday, April 26, 2007

Not-So-Accidentally Distracted

I'm thinking of you while I should be working,
but I seem to be having a bit of trouble focusing.
I can't get your words out of my head,
so truthfully written, so truthfully said.
I barely know you,
but I know that you care,
that counts for something right?
It has to...
You've shown that you care
and I want to get to know you.
I know that my past is full of
not-so-little mistakes,
and that my response may have been a little too late.
But don't walk away,
You said you could see behind my eyes,
behind my skin,
behind the lies that are buried within.
So here I am,
I'm opening up,
I'm giving you a chance.
I want you to be the one who will lift me up,
and will maybe hold my hand.
But, please,
I ask of you one thing;
just walk away,
if you plan on hurting me.
If you don't,
then please,
continue pursuing.
*EXCUSE ME*
Huh?
Oh great,
a customer....
back to work I must go,
I got distracted by you
and I'm sure that in my eyes it shows.
Walking past the doors,
looking out into the pouring rain,
I quietly whisper,
"I wonder if he feels the same"...

No comments:

yEStERYEar