Sunday, April 01, 2007

doing something i thought was done

To right a wrong is a difficult thing, it requires humility and lowliness and sometimes pain is all it can bring. But see, I know I've done you wrong and I want to tell you this...that you and your you-ness is something I will forever miss. I know the way it all ended, with it all crashing down around us is entirely my fault, and somehow I expected that you might never quite heal as a terrible result. But now I see that you've moved on and it brings me mixed emotions. I'm proud of you that you give new things your complete devotion, and I see now that you're a bigger person than I expected this would let you be. But no matter how hard I try to let go and go on, there's a tugging deep inside that tells me maybe it's my turn to cry. Maybe now that you're okay I can tell you this game I play is the only way I hold on and stop myself from admitting that when we parted ways, something inside me decided to die. SO...I want to apologize with all the sincerity of my heart - the way I hurt you is something I can't take back and I won't lie and tell you I did it on accident...but looking back now I see that you gave me more of yourself than I realized and I'm sorry for each and every way that I let you down and broke your heart. Maybe now it's my turn to start learning how to move on. I'm sorry...

2 comments:

NashvilleBlues said...

Wow...that is so real, and i know exactly how you feel. But from the way it sounds - it sounds like my situation - you might want to voice these thoughts to him. Just a thought. Great piece though.

Іванченко said...

the wrongs and rights can be picked apart all night
but you can never right the left
unless you turn three times
so look into the feelings below
bellowing out and attempting escape
say it if it feels right
even if it sounds wrong
not every person was made to get along
all the dissonance this has caused
will disinegrate in the fate you mutilate
it was the last word you left with
the feeling so breathless
erstaz bravery with the compared tests
the problems failed and the answers correct
life is an unchanging force we can't direct
just live with all the peices it infects
take time to correct and take time to form ideas into dialect
loving is hard to deflect
but with every apology we accept
and moment filled with regret
we learn how to live with ourselves
on the inside we dust off the shelves
and replace the stories that we constanly tell

~I think that's what i wanted to say.

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar