Sunday, April 29, 2007

I Am

I am the red and blue lights in my rearview mirror,
I am the shattered glass that cuts deep,
Not just physically, but to the core.
I am the broken mirror from, once again, slamming the door.

I am a wilted flower; a misfit – in your perfect garden,
I am an over-stayed welcome where I thought I’d forever belong.
I am the middle child, the screw up, the one who is always questioned.
I am everything you never wanted,
I am the mistake that screwed up your beautiful painting.
I am the unfulfillment in your fulfilled household,
I am a wrong turn,
I am every chance that is blown.
I am the broken promises, so thoughtlessly spoken,
the ones that hurt so bad; the ones that leave me cut wide open.

I am the tears falling from my blue eyes,
releasing all the pain within.
I am guilty of a terrible crime,
Being this bad of a daughter is an appalling sin.
I am the failure that is always reaching for success, but never quite gets there.
I am the apology unaccepted,
I am the impossible, given up on, prayer.

I am every scraped knee, every broken heart,
I am the reason my family has fallen apart.
I am a flame, burned out of my light,
I am the back against the wall, tired of all these fights.

I am the tear stained paper that I am writing on,
It’s my only escape, my only control,
I am the shiny object that dwells deep in my past,
Taunting and teasing, “come back to me, I made you whole”.
I am the chance to give in,
but I stand strong and won’t let my past win.
I am the fake smiles, the fake laughs, and not to mention the false love,
I am all the answers that I need from above.
I am the disappointment that's as thick as honey in your eyes,
I am the unseen tears, the unheard cries.

I am what I am,
and I don’t see why you don’t understand.

1 comment:

Іванченко said...

that's what you are, you can only be that
know deep down inside you don't have to collapse
just build up and jump those tracks
don't get stuck in the flask of thoughts trashed
you are also talented and animinate
don't falter beacuse of your mind state
allow it to evaporate
it will work itself out
alone and short winded it will work itself out
i remember telling you that
and it was good, i won't ever take it back.

~feeling for you... i wish i had better to say.

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar