Wednesday, September 01, 2004

at the front

I’m at the front of the class
and the looks I’m getting are like you’re chewin’ glass
and the wishes I’m wishin’ are whooshin’ me away
and it’s days like this that I wonder why I stay
and then the freshman girl cries to me cuz she’s eatin’ all alone
and she tells me she’s leavin’ destination still unknown
and I know I’m meant to be here even if the reason is unclear
but the feeling is strong and it’s all I use to steer
and I’m at the front of the class
and the looks I’m getting are like I’m kickin’ ass
and the wishes I’m wishin’ are just to have some vision
and to offer some wisdom in a time of indecision
and it’s days like this that I know I’ll never leave
and this time I’ll finish high school and maybe I’ll achieve
that learning that eluded me while sittin in a seat
And I remember sittin’ there in back in self defeat

No comments:

yEStERYEar