Monday, September 27, 2004

The Blanket

Friday night 6:00, I leave work with no where special to go. I start driving down the road. I take off towards the mountains. When ever I don’t know where to go I always go to the mountains. Thoughts rush through my head. I found out my little brother is more experienced with girls then I thought. I don’t want him to do something he might regret. I want to help him savor his innocence. Yet, I find myself unable to talk to him. I don’t want to act like his mom, because I’m not I’m his sister. I don’t want to say anything to my parents because then he won’t confide in me. I pass by a dark road. I swing back around and take the road. I pull the car over and just sit. I wonder if he is smart enough to figure things out or if there is some way I could guide him? I crawl into my back seat, lie down, and pull a blanket over me.

No comments:

yEStERYEar