Sunday, September 26, 2004

My mistake

Oh man I think I’m ready. I hope when he looks at me he doesn’t see a mother. I’m not a mother. I’m only 26. I want a life. When I was 16 I made a mistake that I chose to live with, but know I quit. I love my mistake very much. I think he is old enough now to fend for himself now though. Twelve is old enough. Ding Dong… Oh he’s cute. I hope I don’t fall in these red stilettos. They make my legs look really good though! Who knows what this night will entail. We hop in his red, ’65 Camero. It’s gorgeous. Perfect condition. Oooo and a lot of power. I hope we go to a nice restaurant. Did I lock the front door? Damnit, did I lock it? Maybe my mistake will come down from his blessed room and see it unlocked and lock it. I hope so. This restaurant looks really fancy, and he is so cute. Walking through the restaurant doors reminds me of my front door. God I hope I locked it. The lighting in here is romantic and passionate. I love it. The food, the man, the restaurant are all amazing. I really want to go back to his place but I think I’ll ask him to take me home and call me tomorrow. I have to see if I locked that darn door. I always lock the door. This time I don’t remember though. The door is always locked. I never forget. He speeds back to my place. We do have an amazing kiss that kind of makes me forget that the large scarlet door in front on me might not be locked, and my mistake might be kidnapped or hurt. Oh that was an amazing kiss. He’s going to call me tomorrow! I look at this giant barrier in front of me and my hand floats to the door knob. Oh my God it’s not locked. I wish I could have flown up the stairs instead of ran up them. I wish I didn’t wear these damn shoes. I open his door. He’s sleeping. Everything is fine. I’m fine. He’s fine. We’re fine. Thank you God. I promise next time I will bolt the door shut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, i really liked that. I like how you don't refer to the kids name, how you just call him the mistake...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I liked this story too, but I didn't like the word 'mistake' being used to refer to the kid. You do a good job at the 'inner dialog' she is having, seems like what she says is realistic.

Anonymous said...

I liked it, but I wouldn't have used the word mistake. I don't think the word 'mistake' is the right word, I would have used something that sounds more affectionate. You do a good job at creating a character with depth in a short paragraph.

Jenn said...

Hey Lady, I liked your story. I think its okay to call him your mistake.. But only like once. Maybe give him a name and then demonstrate some compassion towards him.

yEStERYEar