Friday, September 03, 2004

Top 5 Coolest People

Number 5 is my favorite teacher Ms. Roark. She start out as my ninth grade geography teacher. Her class was fun. Then I got to know her not only as a teacher but as a friend. In tenth grade she was my American Studies teacher. Her class was so much fun and I learned so much about our country. Then in 11th grade I became her student assistant. She then wasn't a teacher, she became a friend. Everyday I learned more about her, as a person, as a bachelorette, her life, and her family. She's amazing and I will always remember her. Number 4 is my mom. She's done nothing but love me and do everything in her power to let me be as successful as I could be. We might be very different in our opinions such as she's as democratic as they come and I'm a bit more conservative (right). We are also very much alike from the amount of liquid we leave in our glass at the end of the meal, to the way we bite our lips or plan every single thing. She has made me the person I am. Through the bad and the good. Number 3 is the one and only Billy Joel. He sure Didn't Start the Fire but he will be one of the coolest For the Longest Time. His music just makes you feel so good. You can sing along, you can dance. You can sit down in an Italian Restaurant listen to the Piano Man in a New York State of Mind. He's just all kinds of cool. Number 2 is Brent Jackson. He's my soulmate, my best friend, the love of my life. We started dating two years ago this November. He's been there through my parents custody battle over my sister and I, my lovely moods after a 10 hour work day, through fights between me and my mom and my friends. I can sit and look into his eyes and have a conversation. I can sit on his couch with him and watch T.V. and have the best time of my life. I can talk to him about anything and everything. I can laugh and be the dork that I am and not feel stupid (because he's as much of a dork as I am). He's one of the most caring, compassionate, intelligent, and coolest people I know. Number one (sorry Brent) is "The King" Elvis Presley. He's one person the makes America, America, not only through his music, but through his movies, his service in the army and his courage to be who he is. He's by far the coolest. From his hair, to his awesome style to his crazy hips to that amazing voice. He's all around cool. You turn his music on and he takes you to another place. You know the words, you know exactly who it is when his songs come on the radio. He is the king, and the coolest.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You are so cute! I love this because it sounds like your just speaking out of your own mind. You truly "wrote what you knew"

yEStERYEar