Saturday, September 04, 2004

One of many scars

Wrapped up in your arms was the only place I could see myself. Drowning in my own insecurities, made you look like a hero. We would run away and no one except my emptiness could find us.

don't ever tell me that I didn't love you.
even if it wasn't my heart I've never known a feeling more real.

And don't tell me that it was temporary relief from all the hurt that we both felt. Because I know better. Pain is unescapable but you had many exits. I was trapped in a place where light had no purpose. You wouldnt disagree.

It was such blank occurrence and now all there is is pain.
Had I known it would end so meaningless i'd have never played the game.

Distant memories of times that are so close behind.
Will you bury them like you buried me?
Or will this be the last time.

Ill take your lies as long as they are comforting.
But don't tell me lies that even you cant believe in.

This pale green, this dull and pale green of your lifeless eyes (Good God they always looked so made up) wont leave the place you where you colored them in.

If one night should pass that I cant remember, ill take that as my victory. As my perfect end to this battle that you probably don't know your fighting.

This tale isn't tragic. Despite how it is told. Its just another example of life's best moments burning black and cold.

1 comment:

LloydDobbler said...

where you been hidin' this genius?

yEStERYEar