Thursday, October 19, 2006

Free Write


Maybe it isn't free. Maybe I charge. Maybe we all pay. Some of you gave beautiful words. Thank you. I realize I need to write. I haven't written anything more than lumps of sentences for weeks. I bought yet another pen in hopes of motivation. Hope--hope ain't gonna write. Today, before lunch, I was inspired. How many classes do I enter into that I leave inspired? Few. You made the room raw with your words and your willingness to wear your emotion. You hung words in the air like sky writers with golden smoke. Like TG said, "you shoved your way to the front of my mind." My pen bows to yours. Leave it all on the page.

Lloyd

4 comments:

destination_unknown said...

you made me vulnerable today leyba and at first i hated it hated that you put me on the spot and showed my faults. you helped me to share my problems with people that i didn't think cared one bit about me and what i'm going through. but i was wrong. thanks leyba. how many teachers make an impact the way you do? few.

Theresa said...

Leyba~
I really appreciate the way you talk about my writing. I am immensly flattered that you quoted me because you are such an amazing writer. None of my teachers have seen this kind of work, my creative side and I'm glad I'm finally getting to share it. Thanks for being the amazing teacher you are.

sistermaryclarence said...

i will admit. i cant believe i started to cry. like you said it was a 500 pound weight on my shoulder. i am flattered about the way you talk about my writing. i have never written like this for any other teacher. honestly, you make me want to teach. you are amazing. a writer i look up to. someone whos not afraid to tell the truth. gotta love it.

sistermaryclarence said...

p.s that is the sickest pen ever.

yEStERYEar