Monday, October 23, 2006

He Said Write A Rhyme or TZA can rhyme

He Said Write A Rhyme
so i put my head closer to the paper
pressed my pen on the word taker
and I watched the ink bleed
the refrain from my brain
but what i want is to make her
see the simplicity
taste the toasted synchronicity
and stop with this defeatist self pity
cuz every rhyme has a home even this one you're readin'
I just found it before you did
it was in KID TZA
this one was in her heart (she has a huge heart) above the lung
in your brain next to pain
on your tongue nearly swallowed
and i climbed down inside you
on ladder rung (wrung) of thievery
just to prove to you that you can (you can)
so please KID believe me
these words are not mine
they're yours
I just arranged them to rhyme
painted em brown
to look like mine
OK fine!
I stole em!
but you can't prove they were yours (yes officer, the T was crossed JUST like that and the P was real phat like That)
(just cuz you say you said em once)
and forget what I said bout them livin in you
they were in me --like breath and plasma
but in you
they were like death caused by asthma
cuz my words can't breathe in you
only me
so turn your back to me
cuz you need a heimlich maneuver to spit out my words
you chokin' rhymeless loser
I'll wipe off the spit and start rhyming that
shifty multisyllabic sequential stream of subconsciousness
that had you ridin the short bus
you ever thought bout bein' a mime?
Anyway
He Said Write A Rhyme

peas out
T Zout
Goodnight Oakland

Lloyd

No comments:

yEStERYEar