Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Letter

I watched as you walked away, the tears betrayed my mind. How did I ever fight you? You held my heart in the palm of your hand. I lost the battle, I let you claim me as yours. I knew I would never have your heart yet I gave mine freely. I made a mistake and paid for it. How did you win a battle that never even began? Why did I let you walk away? Why did I cry tears I knew wouldn't bring you back? Why do I write a letter you will never read? Why do I feel a flame re-kindling when you doused it? Why did I let you in, when I knew I would watch you walk away?
~My questions unanswered~
Reikan

2 comments:

sistermaryclarence said...

i love this. the questions will be answered one day. maybe. i know what you mean, i can relate. this is a great write. keep it up.

Reikan said...

Thanks. . .

yEStERYEar