Sunday, October 22, 2006

me vs. you

me: "you're not good for me.....what is it about you that pulls me towards you, i swear it's like a magnetic force" you: "why am i not good for you" me: "because....you make me a completely different person" you: "and hey u dont make me the person i want to be either, i want to be a strong person but when im around you im so weak you know but the worst part is i like it. no no i love it" me: "see, i think this is what gets me about you...the way you talk to me...it kills me and i don't want to believe it because that opens the door for getting hurt...but i wanna believe it, wanna believe you" you: "shoot do u think i would spend this much time and effort just to lie to u" me: "i know you're not lying but sometimes i want you to be because then i don't have to feel anything" And so it goes, me vs. you in this epic battle, you trying to steal my heart and me trying not to lose control and fall again. My instincts tell me to push you away because "break my heart once, shame on you; break my heart twice, shame on me." But something, who knows what, wants me to trust you, to let you in, to just let go. This has gone on for so long and still I can't...can't...forget. you: "no wat i really wanted to say is that i want so bad to be the one that you can trust and believe and the one you love to believe and the one you love to hold and be with the one you call yours and the one who can call u mine" How do you do this to me?

5 comments:

LloydDobbler said...

You rule! You were my muse for HE SAID WRITE A RHYME. You can rhyme! You haven't tried to rhyme. Your words are beautiful--don't change how you write. peace

sistermaryclarence said...

tza! that is a sick piece of writing. i love it times then. i love your writing style. you have a huge heart. and dont stop writing.

p.s.
yeah that was about a real person.
a real something. ha. ill tell you all about it in math.

boogie said...

I remember this conversation, you wanted to fight that night. I never broke your heart, though, how is it that after all that time you still weren't able to get over what happened long before me and let go? I wonder now if that will be me.

Theresa said...

This conversation wasn't between the two of us...some things don't just go away as easily as you'd like them to and sometimes you need closure.

boogie said...

I thought something was slightly off--you used to say that I made you the person you wanted to be. Bubba? The timing seems about right.

yEStERYEar