Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hospital Waiting Room - Setting *flashbacks*

White, cold, silent not a happy setting, yet there in that palace of life and death I wait. Not for the birth of a child or the death of an elder. No instead I wait for what could be the announcement of imprisonment for one I never trusted. *Blood, sirens, terror, screams, a knife* Sympathetic eyes look through me as I watch the police and doctors talk. I am silent, chills creep cowardly up my spine. *Green fields, laughter, love, bliss, beauty* Overlooked in the bustle of the E.R. I wait for her to come back out and laugh for me once again. Stretchers rush past. . .a car accident. The past how did I outrun it? *Dark, night, blanket, fear, a spider* People passing cower and walk faster, they sense my impatience. Time crawls past or so it seems for there is no time in my haunted world of Purgatory. *Friend, sister, mother, knife, field, spider*

No comments:

yEStERYEar