Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Birthday...

Everyone gets one once a year
and it seems as if mine is here.
It's a "big one" 18 candles on the cake,
and that big box of presents is mine to take
that came yesterday from Illinois
from all of my relatives packed with joy.
To their_______ relative turning 18!
(who it's been a while since they've seen)
I should be happy and joyous,
everyone else is making quite a fuss,
but I can't help but be a little scared
to see exactly how I fare.
I've been a little stressed as the minutes passed,
and like most things they went to fast.
Now it's my one last one being a kid
and I want to feel like I once did,
with no stress or a care at all
and the only thing you planned was when to play ball.
But now it's over and adulthood is here.
my most prominate emotion-fear.
I'll get over it and be happy again,
and wear that cheesy "I'm 18" pin --(thanks Linz)
12:00 midnight
my "big year" finally in sight.
And my heart just dropped to the floor,
because I'm really not a kid anymore.

No comments:

yEStERYEar